External Authentication program problem

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Nov 28 13:35:21 CET 2011

Ali Majdzadeh wrote:
> So I need to use with exec-wait becos the external programs need to wait
> util authentication/authorization/accounting done!

  That is how exec-wait works.

> Also plz note that auth.pl forks another exec program
> per authenticated user (named calc) and will live till user stopped. So
> if I’ve 20.000 online users, I’ve also 20.000 calc process.

  That is very, very, bad.  There is just no reason for it.

  Long-lived data goes into a database.  That's what databases are for.

> What is ur recommendation?

  Design a solution that works.

  You are running into problems because your solution is wrong, and
doesn't work.  If you design a solution that works, you won't have these
kind of problems.

> Is there any way to call nebtill_acct with wait=no?

  Set "wait = no" ?