Problems with my radrelay configuration?

tonimanel antoniofernandez at fabergames.com
Tue Oct 11 12:26:14 CEST 2011

Thanks.

Now, I have configured radiusd.conf with this code:

#Detail module instance
detail radrelay-detail {
  detailfile = ${radacctdir}/radacct/detail
  detailperm = 0600
  dirperm = 0755
  locking = yes
}

accounting {
  radrealay-detail
}

And radrelay.conf with this code:

listen {
        type = detail

        #
        #  The "radacctdir" parameter below replaces the "-a" command-
        #  line option in radrelay.  The "detail" parameter replaces
        #  the "detailfile" command-line option in radrelay
        #
        filename = ${radacctdir}/radacct/detail
        load_factor = 50
        max_outstanding = 100
        identity = radrelay
}

#
#  See also raddb/sites-available/copy-acct-to-home-server
#  for additional description.
#
preacct {
        #
        #  Proxy the packet using the given realm.
        #  Note that we do not use the realm for anything else such
        #  as prefix/suffix stripping or comparisons.
        #
        update control {
                Proxy-To-Realm := "radrelay"

accounting {
#       sql
}

In accounting I have commented sql (you can see) and I have appended listen
instance.

I get this output and server continueing without to write the detail file:

root at debian:/etc/freeradius# clear; freeradius -X -n radrelay
FreeRADIUS Version 2.1.10, for host i486-pc-linux-gnu, built on Nov 14 2010
at 20:41:03
Copyright (C) 1999-2009 The FreeRADIUS server project and contributors.
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
You may redistribute copies of FreeRADIUS under the terms of the
GNU General Public License v2.
Starting - reading configuration files ...
including configuration file /etc/freeradius/radrelay.conf
including configuration file /etc/freeradius/modules/always
main {
        allow_core_dumps = no
}
including dictionary file /etc/freeradius/dictionary
main {
        prefix = "/usr"
        localstatedir = "/var"
        logdir = "/var/log/freeradius"
        libdir = "@libdir@"
        radacctdir = "/var/log/freeradius/radacct"
        hostname_lookups = no
        max_request_time = 30
        cleanup_delay = 5
        max_requests = 65536
        pidfile = "/var/run/radrelay/radrelay.pid"
        checkrad = "/usr/sbin/checkrad"
        debug_level = 0
        proxy_requests = yes
 log {
        stripped_names = no
        auth = no
        auth_badpass = no
        auth_goodpass = no
 }
 security {
        max_attributes = 200
        reject_delay = 0
        status_server = no
radrelay: #### Loading Realms and Home Servers ####
 home_server radrelay {
        ipaddr = 192.168.1.130
        port = 1812
        type = "acct"
        secret = "testing123"
        response_window = 30
        max_outstanding = 65536
        require_message_authenticator = yes
        zombie_period = 40
        status_check = "none"
        ping_interval = 30
        check_interval = 30
        num_answers_to_alive = 3
        num_pings_to_alive = 3
        revive_interval = 300
        status_check_timeout = 4
        irt = 2
        mrt = 16
        mrc = 5
        mrd = 30
 }
 home_server_pool radrelay {
        type = fail-over
        home_server = radrelay
 }
 realm radrelay {
        acct_pool = radrelay
 }
radrelay: #### Loading Clients ####
radrelay: #### Instantiating modules ####
 instantiate {
 }
radrelay: #### Loading Virtual Servers ####
server { # from file /etc/freeradius/radrelay.conf
 modules {
 Module: Checking preacct {...} for more modules to load
 } # modules
} # server
radrelay: #### Opening IP addresses and Ports ####
listen {
        type = "detail"
 listen {
        filename = "/var/log/freeradius/radacct/radacct/detail"
        load_factor = 50
        poll_interval = 1
        retry_interval = 30
Listening on /var/log/freeradius/radacct/radacct/detail
Detail listener /var/log/freeradius/radacct/radacct/detail state unopened
signalled 0 waiting 1.000000 sec
Listening on proxy address * port 1139
Waking up in 0.9 seconds.
Polling for detail file /var/log/freeradius/radacct/radacct/detail
Detail listener /var/log/freeradius/radacct/radacct/detail state unopened
signalled 0 waiting 0.843392 sec
Waking up in 0.8 seconds.
Polling for detail file /var/log/freeradius/radacct/radacct/detail
Detail listener /var/log/freeradius/radacct/radacct/detail state unopened
signalled 0 waiting 1.246242 sec
Waking up in 1.2 seconds.
Polling for detail file /var/log/freeradius/radacct/radacct/detail
Detail listener /var/log/freeradius/radacct/radacct/detail state unopened
signalled 0 waiting 1.052300 sec
Waking up in 1.0 seconds.
^C

The same output! What's happening?