Installation docu

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Oct 24 20:50:02 CEST 2011

On 10/24/2011 06:51 PM, Andrej wrote:

> pg_config --includedir --l
> /usr/include
> /usr/lib64

This "pg_config" is the one from the source you built, yes? There isn't
another copy of "pg_config" / the headers lying around?

Because with those paths, the build really ought to have "just worked".
Weird.

>> I might take a look at calling "pg_config" in ./configure
>
> Interesting point. :}
>
> In the whole freeradius source tree the only file w/ pg_config in it
> is ./debian/rules ... I still don't understand HOW it just works on
> other systems ...

The ./configure script in the rlm_sql_postgresql directory has a list of
"directories to try" for the includes/libraries (a pretty common approach)