Why is not writting in second detail file?

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Wed Oct 26 00:11:23 CEST 2011

Don't post the same message twice if you just want a faster response.
It's rude. If anything, it'd discourage others from even trying to
help you,

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 9:47 PM, tonimanel
<antoniofernandez at fabergames.com> wrote:
> I have got the same result writting "update control" inside of preacct. This
> is proxy configuration, but I don't want a proxy configuration, I would like
> to get a copy-acct-to-home-server configuration

Remember how I said multiple times that you REALLY need to understand
the basics first? Here's some:
- radius accepts a packet, whether from a NAS or by reading a detail file
- radius process the packet, possibly by using data from several data
source (sql, ldap, files, whatever)
- radius can store some or all information from the packet, possibly
to many destination (sql, detail file, whatever)
- radius can proxy the packet to another radius server
- radius sends a response to the client

PLEASE take some time to REALLY understand the basics.

The combination of the above can be used to create all sorts of
configuration, including the simple proxy configuration, robust
accounting, and copy-acct-to-home-server.

Saying "I don't want a proxy configuration, I would like to get a
copy-acct-to-home-server configuration" is simply wrong. It's like
saying "I don't want meat, I want a beef burger".

> with the same set of
> information in radacct table.

Did you read Alan's previous response on another thread? There's
acct-delay-time, and (depending on the NAS) there's also
event-timestamp. There might even be Packet-Original-Timestamp (see
the detail file to see all attributes present).

You might need to edit the default sql queries, but the information is
there to create the same set of information.

Hint: What's the value of Event-Timestamp or
Packet-Original-Timestamp? What do you get when you substract
Acct-Delay-Time from those?

> I have configured proxy.conf because in
> copy-acct-tome-server says that proxy.conf must to have realms, pool and
> home_server.

I never said you didn't need to configure proxy.conf.

What I asked was "Why did you remove it in the first place?"

> What is wrong? What I should to do?

You didn't understand the basics.

PLEASE take some time to REALLY understand the basics.

> In the last, I had got the same set of information with radrelay
> configuration (this is deprecated). Then I got proxy configuration, but
> copy-acct-to-home-server configuration is being very difficult. :(

radrelay, copy-acct-to-home-server, (put whatever else you've tried
here) is simply some implementation that uses the basic concepts, with
slightly different goals, combination, and implementation strategy.

Again, PLEASE take some time to REALLY understand the basics.

--
Fajar