FreeRADIUS + MySQL + DHCP Opt82

IVB ivb at is.ua
Mon Apr 2 14:35:07 CEST 2012

Hello Alan,

AD2vF> Igor Belikov wrote:
>> AD>   You don't.
>>
>> Are you kidding?

AD2vF>   If you insist on going down that path, you'll be unsubscribed and
AD2vF> banned.  I'm tried of people who can't read the documentation, and who
AD2vF> use that ignorance to put me down.

Please exuse me.

>> Do you mean that FreeRADIUS can't accept non-ASCII data from database?

AD2vF>   It means that FreeRADIUS expects ASCII data from the database.  The
AD2vF> attribute names and values are all *printable*.

>> AD> You could also edit the dictionaries to make the data "octets", which
>> AD> would take care of the problem.
>>
>> The dictionaries contains right attributes definitions:
>>
>> ATTRIBUTE  Agent-Remote-Id   96  octets
>> ATTRIBUTE  Agent-Circuit-Id  97  octets

AD2vF>   Then you need to read the documentation to see how to represent data
AD2vF> type "octets" in the DB and config files.

Yes, I will be very happy to read how to represent 'octets' data in
DB. And I ask about this several times. I don't find this info in
documentation, sorry.

Please give me link to right place.

--
Best regards,