Assign VLAN from freeradius to Cisco 3550 switch.

alan buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Wed Apr 25 19:13:22 CEST 2012

Hi,

> Thanks for your reply, where do I exactly need to put this configuration?
> In the users file?

I can tell you right now that you dont need that hack to assign VLANs on cisco
switches (well, not if you are running reasonably up to date firmware on the
cisco devices anyway - ie something less than 2 years old)

we run an enterprise network of > 1500 cisco switches, most of them using
FreeRADIUS as the AAA server in 802.1X mode (others still have VMPS - with FreeRADIUS
of course). we certainly dont have that kind of configuration for VLAN assignment.
straight simple reply values are all that are needed.
as already said, the issue looks like its your Cisco config - and the cisco
guides tell you exactly how to configure the cisco switches, its not a freeRADIUS
question.

alan