Proxy-State in a CoA proxied request

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sun Apr 29 09:46:44 CEST 2012

Frédéric Gabut-Deloraine wrote:
> Ok, I thought that attr_filter wouldn't help me because I thought that Proxy-State was added just before going on the wire. I have tried briefly and gave up. I'll try again.

  The Proxy-State is added before the "pre-proxy" section is run.  See
src/main/event.c, line 2200.  So you can filter it out via "attr_filter".

> I totally agree, however it's often easier to fix the origin of the bug than the bug itself with network vendors ;-).

  My policy is that we WILL NOT butcher FreeRADIUS in order to work
around third-party violations of the RFCs.  The vendors MUST fix their
equipment.

  This policy has worked surprisingly well over the past decade.
FreeRADIUS has become the "de facto" standard for RADIUS implementations.