Mixed Environment Question

Paul Stewart paul at paulstewart.org
Tue Jan 31 11:03:26 CET 2012

The user session authenticates and receives their IP address, accounting packets start etc - all part of a "normal" session..... but the Juniper MX logs an entry such as this:

Jan 30 13:12:19  lab-mx80 jpppd: NACK received for profile request with id=3f55d50 from dcd daemon: Generic conf read error retry FALSE
Jan 30 13:12:22  lab-mx80 dcd[1295]: UI_CONFIGURATION_ERROR: Process: dcd, path: [edit pp0 unit 1073741902 family inet], statement: unnumbered-address,  Cannot have the same local address on the same unit of an interface

And once you see that entry, it's a matter of seconds and the user session drops.

While the user session is active, the internal route to their session never gets created properly on the MX neither so you can't pass traffic or anything.

Take away any additional VSA's and sessions work perfectly

Thanks,

Paul