WiMAX PPAQ Identifier

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Mar 7 11:17:17 CET 2012

kondie wrote:
> I am trying to implement WiMAX prepaid quotas using FreeRADIUS 2.1.12. I
> want to return to the NAS a Volume-Quota and/or a Duration-Quota. I am able
> to do this after modifications to the sqlcounter module. However, I need to
> send a WiMAX-PPAQ-Quota-Identifier as part of the reply to the NAS and this
> value needs to be generated by the AAA server.
>
> The PPAQ Quota Identifier is defined in the dictionary as:

  That's just a packet encoding.  And yes, we *have* seen the
dictionaries.  There's no point in posting them to the list.

> I would like to know if there is a function in FreeRADIUS that I can use to
> generate this identifier, and if it exists, how to use it (or you can point
> me to the appropriate documentation).

  That's the wrong question.  The correct question is "What do the WiMAX
specifications say about the PPAQ?"

  The answer is either "Read your NAS documentation", or "Read the WiMAX
specs".

> If there is no such function, how do I
> return a Quota-Identifier with my Access-Accept?

  Invent one.  It's up to you to create it.