LDAP module file using localhost instead of external?

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Sep 11 01:08:43 CEST 2012

On 09/10/2012 11:47 PM, Jennifer Mehl wrote:

> Here is the output of freeradius -X showing part of the file being read but then ignored?:

It doesn't look to me like it's ignoring it, which in any event the
server doesn't do. It looks like it's just a different file. It's not
just the hostname that is different. For example:

>   Module: Instantiating module "ucsbnetid" from file /etc/freeradius/modules/ldap
> 	server = "localhost"
> 	filter = "(uid=%u)"
> 	base_filter = "(objectclass=radiusprofile)"

> Here is my /etc/freeradius/modules/ldap file (password obfuscated):
>
>         server = "directory.ucsb.edu"
>         filter = "(uid=%{%{Stripped-User-Name}:-%{User-Name}})"
>         base_filter = "(objectclass=ucsbperson)"
> 	#base_filter = "(objectclass=radiusprofile)"

...amongst (many) others.

You *can't* be editing the same file. Do you have chroot or jails or
similar in use, and if so are you editing the file inside the
chroot/jail or outside? Are you sure you're not leaving backup "file~"
from editors in the directory?