Digest using an external database for the Password

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Thu Apr 25 17:29:15 CEST 2013

Hi,
> Hi Alan
> Thx for your input I did the following:
> In radiusd.conf file, within the instantiate section the following was
> added:
> sql

> authorize {
> 	update control {
> 		Cleartext-Password := "%{sql: SELECT password FROM fusion
> ...}"
>
> 	}

do you really mean that you added the above into the instatiate section? dont.

you instantiate SQL - but you have things configured in your sql module and are
calling it elsewhere..which is why you get this:

> rlm_sql (sql): Reserving sql socket id: 4
> [sql] 	expand: SELECT id, username, attribute, value, op           FROM radcheck           WHERE username = '%{SQL-User-Name}'           ORDER BY id -> SELECT id, username, attribute, value, op           FROM radcheck           WHERE username = ''           ORDER BY id
> rlm_sql_mysql: MYSQL check_error: 1146 received
> rlm_sql_getvpdata: database query error
> [sql] SQL query error; rejecting user

you've still got 'sql' being called..and still have default calls looking for that statement
and using radcheck table

alan