rlm_perl changing User-Name and proxy requests

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Fri Jan 11 23:21:59 CET 2013

On 11 Jan 2013, at 20:51, Ti Leggett <leggett at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> On Jan 11, 2013, at 2:35 PM, A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk wrote:
>
>> hi,
>>
>> dont play with User-Name, update/modify Stripped-User-Name instead and use that in the
>> authn/authz stages
>
> How do I get the remote servers I'm proxying for to understand Stripped-User-Name. As far as I can tell Stripped-User-Name isn't even in the Access-Request to the proxyied server.

It's not, it's an internal attribute which doesn't get copied into the proxy request.

In pre-proxy you can add

update proxy-request {
	User-Name := "%{%{Stripped-User-Name}:-%{User-Name}}"
}

Which will fix the issue. Where is that User-Name value in the proxy request coming from, is it the one from the original request? Could you include more debug output?

-Arran