Updating Reply Attributes in authenticate section

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Thu May 2 00:36:46 CEST 2013

Hi,

>            elsif (Ldap-Group == "netCoreClass-finance") {
>                    update reply {
>                            Tunnel-Private-Group-Id:1 := 124
>                    }
>            }
>    Authentication is against Active Directory. So while a user may get
>    assigned to a VLAN based of their group membership, if they fail to
>    actually authenticate I want to change what VLAN they are assigned to
>    (want to put them into a guest VLAN).
>    How can I update reply attributes further down the chain?

            else  {
                    update reply {
                            Tunnel-Private-Group-Id:1 := 666
                    }

>    The reason I am doing this is I have an old Cisco wireless LAN controller
>    that can't fall back to MAC 802.1x authentication. Therefore if a user
>    fails with their credentials they fail to authenticate all together. So
>    when coming from the wireless LAN controller I want always Accept.

what type of system is this? 802.1X ? if so, then you cant just blindly Access-Accept
EAP auths if they've got incorrect user/pass - the WPA/WPA2 enterprise key is derived from
mutual agreement.

if, however, this is just eg PAP with some captive portal thing then that'd work.

alan