Acounting problem with SQL and detail files

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Feb 11 16:28:19 CET 2014

Aurélien Lafranchise wrote:
> We had a database connection problem (Error: rlm_sql (sql): There are no DB handles to use! skipped 0, tried to connect 0). We were surprised that during this problem the accounting information that cannot be passed to the database was not written in the detail files.

  Run the server in debugging mode to see why.  You can use "raddebug"
on a live server.

  Also, if there are no DB handles... check the database.  It's likely
broken / slow / whatever.

  The default configuration logs to the "detail" file.  If you configure
SQL, the default configuration logs to both SQL and "detail".  If one
fails, it still logs to the other.

  So... what changes did you make to the default configuration?