Acounting problem with SQL and detail files

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Tue Feb 11 17:05:20 CET 2014

On 11 Feb 2014, at 14:47, Aurélien Lafranchise <aurelien.lafranchise at mobiquithings.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> We noticed an issue on our FreeRADIUS Version 2.1.12 on a CentOS 6.3 kernel 2.6.32-279.2.1.el6.x86_64.
>
> Our FreeRADIUS is connected to a database for the accounting queries. It is also configured to save the same accounting information in the detail files.
>
> We had a database connection problem (Error: rlm_sql (sql): There are no DB handles to use! skipped 0, tried to connect 0). We were surprised that during this problem the accounting information that cannot be passed to the database was not written in the detail files.

You were using something like

redundant {
	sql
	detail
}

Right?

What error code was rlm_sql returning when it had no handles left?

You may want to consider using v3.0.x, the connection pool code, and reconnection logic is a significant improvement over the module specific code in v2.x.x.

-Arran

FreeRADIUS Development Team