[SOLVED] LDAP - bind as user - howto?

Stefan Paetow Stefan.Paetow at ja.net
Fri Oct 17 11:54:33 CEST 2014

On 17 Oct 2014, at 06:43, Matej Zerovnik <matej at zunaj.si> wrote:
> I saw that thread and read it, but unfortunately, I dont have/can't get credetials to search LDAP. I will try and ask them again, but I think they won't give it to me. Currently, my solution works, but 'ou' is hardcoded. This is ok for now, but in the future I would like to expand that...

Well, that complicates matters, doesn't it?

> So I disabled preprocess modul and added the following into authorize section:
> if (User-Password) {
>  update control {
>    Auth-Type := ldap
>    Ldap-UserDN := "uid=%{User-Name},ou=test,dc=example,dc=com", Auth-Type := LDAP
>  }
> }

The comma and the Auth-Type won't work, no. What happens when you delete those from that line?

Stefan

Janet(UK) is a trading name of Jisc Collections and Janet Limited, a
not-for-profit company which is registered in England under No. 2881024
Harwell Oxford, Didcot, Oxfordshire. OX11 0SG. VAT No. 614944238