Dailycounter not working

Matej Žerovnik matej at zunaj.si
Tue Oct 28 21:26:21 CET 2014

On 20.10.2014 23:40, Alan DeKok wrote:
> Matej Žerovnik wrote:
>>   Hello!
>>
>> I'm trying to use dailycounter on a LDAP authenticated user and it
>> doesn't seem to work. I think I did all steps correctly, but then again,
>> i have been wrong before:)
>> rlm_sql (sql): Released sql socket id: 2
>> [sql] User testuser not found
>> ++[sql] returns notfound
>    The "testuser" isn't found.  So the sqlcounter module can't do it's
> job, because it doesn't know what value to use for the session limit.
This is the part that is giving me troubles...
My users exists in LDAP to which I don't have access, but I can
authenticate with UserDN.
I added entry
testuser Max-Daily-Session := 600
to mysql radcheck table hoping radius will pick it up and use it in
'dailycounter'.

Is that even suppose to work?
Can I use 'dailycounter' on LDAP  authenticated users or does that only
work on local users, who are in sql database?

Matej