Freeradius-Users Digest, Vol 124, Issue 23, reply to Nathan Ward's message in "OS X Mavericks not connection to Debian Freeradius."

Edward Ulrich email at edwardulrich.com
Wed Aug 12 03:57:07 CEST 2015

 > On 12/08/2015, at 8:21, Nathan Ward wrote:
 >
 > “That’s true, I mean, why doesn’t the FreeRADIUS documentation
include details about the location of the power switch for my routers? A
career sys admin would know this, but this is unclear to others.”

The FreeRADIUS documentation is often unclear, it could easily include
more relevant examples but it does not.  The instructions not being
clear enough and not providing enough examples in "clients.conf" about
which IP address of the router to use is certainly not tantamount to not
saying where the power switch to the router is!

Also, I do have the FreeRADIUS beginners guide book which you
mentioned.  It is a good overview of the technology but it really does
not give many specifics at all about installing the system, especially
when working with ssl certificates.

Edward