What exactly does it mean Socket Destructor failed

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Jan 2 16:41:05 CET 2015

On Jan 2, 2015, at 10:01 AM, Robert Graham <robert_graham at uhaul.com> wrote:
> I have the proper access to log into the SQL server and I can remotely log into it through tsql and with the MS SQL linux instructions, and perform queries, but I cannot get freeradius for the life of me able to connect....it keeps erroring out with socket destructor called

  The real error is a bit earlier:

> rlm_sql (sql): Opening additional connection (0)
> rlm_sql_unixodbc: Connection failed

  It would be nice to say *why* the connection failed.  Unfortunately, the documentation for MS SQL isn’t really clear.

  I’ve pushed a fix which will print out the actual error number.  Please grab the latest code from github:

https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/archive/v3.0.x.zip

  For a list of MS-SQL error codes, see:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa176407%28v=sql.80%29.aspx