Proxy CoA packet from network control to NAS(same as CoA server) configs in case of many many NASes.

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Jul 17 15:30:08 CEST 2015

On Jul 17, 2015, at 9:15 AM, Sergey Komarov <sergey.komaroff at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, I'm using 3.0.9: FreeRADIUS Version 3.0.9, for host
> x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, built on Jul 14 2015 at 19:39:49
> Linux version 2.6.32-504.el6.x86_64 (mockbuild at c6b9.bsys.dev.centos.org)
> (gcc version 4.4.7 20120313 (Red Hat 4.4.7-11) (GCC) ) #1 SMP Wed Oct 15
> 04:27:16 UTC 2014

  OK.

> (7)           update reply {
> (7)             Cisco-AVPair += "url-redirect-acl=acl"
> (7)             EXPAND url-redirect=http://login.domain...
> (7)                --> url-redirect=http://login.domain
> (7)             Cisco-AVPair += url-redirect=http://login.domain
> (7)             Packet-Dst-IP-Address := 10.56.33.190  <------------ here I
> just override real NAS IP with another NAS fixed address (it present in
> clients too)

  No, that is NOT the same as what you did for CoA packets.  This isn't about sending the reply to a different NAS-IP.  That will NEVER be supported, because it's wrong.

  It's about can you *proxy* the packet to a home server.  You should instead do:

	update control {
		Packet-Dst-IP-Address := ip.of.home.server.
	}

> FreeRadius still sends to NAS IP instead of my override IP. So it doesn't
> matter in CoA or in authorize section it is same behavior - FreeRadius
> ignores NAS ip override via Packet-DST.

  The server will ALWAYS send replies to the IP that the request came from.  Anything else is wrong.

> Could you please check any simple scenario - just try to override
> Packet-Dst-IP-Address and than add to override Packet-Dst-Port?

  I won't have time for a while.

  Until then, please try the correct test for Access-Request packets.