implementing network authentication

Randeep randeep123 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 08:40:58 CEST 2015

Hi,

I have been following this paper
<https://www.academia.edu/3415850/PPPoE_With_Mikrotik_and_Radius>  for
implementing the Mikrotik+freeradius+mysql. I have a few questions please
have a look.

   1.

   The attributes of the Internet connection of a client (IP, GW, DNS,
   bandwidth, etc.) can be defined in the radius database or in the profile of
   the client in MikroTik. In this case, if we are specifying these values in
   radius, where we can specify it? and which is better. In radius or mikrotik?
   2.

   if we are using PPPPoE, where we can specify the ippool. I have seen one
   ippool.sql and ippool.conf. But is this for the local ip pool or the public
   ip pool. Where we can specify public ip pool and how this 1 to 8 or 1 to 24
   mapping can be done?
   3.

   In the example initially we created the profile and the user credentials
   in the mikrotik. But later we changed the authentication to the radius. But
   the profile is still in mikrotik. How we can specify profile in radius. or
   pass the profile information to the mikrotik?
   4.

   In one pppoe service only one profile is supported?
   5.

   Services  were created in the RM in this example. Suppose if I have to
   create different plans and map the user to a particular plan, this plan I
   have to create in which table? radacc or radreply or radcheck?
   6.

   counter can automatically check how much the data is consumed and it can
   check with the service plan max limit and work accordingly? for this I have
   to write query in the counter.conf only?
   7.

   is it possible to do pppoe and api based authentication by giving
   username and password together?

Thanks a lot for your time. Please guide me. All the suggestions are much
appreciated.

Best regards,
Randeep