How to use rewrite.called_station_id IN dynamic clients authorize section

Ben Humpert ben at an3k.de
Thu Mar 26 17:23:57 CET 2015

I just saw that your customers have install a customized Purple WiFi
firmware on their router. The easiest solution would be to implement a
DynDNS like client. Then you could move away from dynamic-clients and
use FQDN names for the clients instead and the problems are solved.
You also could implement VPN (PPTP would be enough) so you could
assign IPs of an internal network to your clients. You could move away
from dynamic-clients too since each client has it's static internal
IP. You even could sync that with Radius & LDAP. However, VPN would
require you to keep a VPN server running on your side and it may cause
troubles with routing of internet traffic so I would go with the
DynDNS solution.