Question on anonymous identity

Mathieu Simon (Lists) matsimon.lists at simweb.ch
Mon Jan 11 09:19:36 CET 2016

Hi,

Am 11.01.2016 um 08:59 schrieb Stefan Winter:

> As much as I know, the config format is pretty much identical to the
> Windows Desktop versions:
>
> https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms706965%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

Aha, ok at least some traces and technically not that bad
(at least no new format invented)

> But the catch here is that the config file will only be *accepted* by
> the phone when the device is actually in MDM managed mode. I.e. "just"
> sending the config file to an unmanaged device will make it do nothing :-(

Ouch, that's really unfortunate and the end result is what I found: Use
an MS configuration suite or MDM solution like Intune or the mentioned
System Center Config Manager or you can't set these options.

> That situation may have changed recently... I'd be very happy to be told
> I'm wrong :-) eduroam CAT and https://802.1x-config.org could be
> equipped with a matching module in no time...

I haven't yet had my hands on a WP 10 device recently. Can't tell
unfortunately.

-- Mathieu