Adding CUI support while NAS is not supporting it

Anuruddha Premalal anuruddhapremalal at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 04:20:53 CEST 2016

Hi All,

I have a setup as shown in the below figure (CUIissue.jpg)

​
At step 3. the proxy AAA add the CUI to the radius access packet.and step 4
forward it unmodified to the NAS.

NAS is supposed to send the CUI with the radius accounting requests,
however the NAS is not supporting that and dropping the cui value.

I read about the cui support in freeradius however it seems to be used in
generating  a new one and adding to the packet. In this case I need to add
the CUI receiving from the proxy AAA to the accounting packets coming from
the NAS.

I could record the received CUI at step 3 and add that value to the
accounting packet at pre-proxy stage 5>6, however the challenge is to find
a correlation between the packets.

Has anyone came across such a use-case and were there any solutions
available? Appreciate your comments.

Thanks and Regards,
--
*Anuruddha Premalala (MIEEE)Mobile : +94717213122E-mail  :
anuruddhapremalal at gmail.com <anuruddhapremalal at gmail.com>web      :