Configurable failover : Different behavior between 2.1.12 and 2.2.5

José Paredes jose.paredes at adipsys.com
Wed Mar 23 10:24:27 CET 2016

Hello,

We have noticed changes of behavior after update from 2.1.12 to 2.2.5
and we would like to know which configuration is correct.

Works on 2.1.12 :

if(userlock) {
             update reply {
                 Reply-Message := "Compte expiré"
                 HM-Reject-Status := "expired"
             }
             ok = reject
         }
Same configuration in 2.2.5 doesn't reject the user.

Works on 2.2.5 :

   if(userlock) {
             update reply {
                 Reply-Message := "Compte expiré"
                 HM-Reject-Status := "expired"
             }
     reject
         }

It works as expected but it doesn't seem to complie with the doc :
/usr/share/doc/freeradius/configurable_failover.rst.gz

On another thread Alan suggested that this was the proper way to do it
is but it doesn't reject the user :

        expiration {
                userlock = 1
        }