Use the last build and the other packages from system On ubuntu 16

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Wed May 25 12:00:16 CEST 2016

On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 4:44 PM, Spider s <spidersoftware at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello plp.
>
> I have got a little problem, not is a Radius problem exact.
>
> At this moment i am using the last build from source, all running and
> perfect on ubuntu 16
>
> Now i need install daloradius, covachilli etc..
>
> When i try for example install freeradius-mysql package the system want
> install too the freeradius package.

That's what happens when you mix source and package.

It CAN work, but not easy.

> I want use the last build, but i need the other packages for integration.a
> difference, the build install at  /usr/local/etc/raddb/ and the original
> package system on /etc/  for example.
>
> other question is how update and compiling the new build without lose my
> actual CFG running.
>
> How i can solve this ??? where i can find the source from freeradius-mysql
> ???

Option (1): use everything (including daloradius) compiled from source

Option (2): replace your freeradius installation with a package version.
Either compile it yourself (basically just 'dpkg-buildpackage -b' inside
the source directory), or use
https://launchpad.net/~freeradius/+archive/ubuntu/stable-3.0

Note that if you decide to use packages, you need to copy your configs
first (/usr/local/etc -> /etc), by hand, applying whatever modifications
you've made (do NOT just copy the files). There is no AUTOMATIC, fool-proof
way that I know of to migrate it. After that, uninstall the old source
build (for example, you need to remove /usr/local/sbin/radiusd and
everything else that is installed from source) to make sure only the
packaged version is used.

--
Fajar