Migrating freeradius install

Alan Buxey alan.buxey at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 23:30:46 CEST 2017

why move from the SQL solution - very portable..especially if it doesnt
move server when you spin up new RADIUS systems ;-)

to call another users file...well, you could $INCLUDE it but the best way
is to define another user file module, enable that (in FreeRADIUS 3.x
that means link from mods-available to mods-enabled  and then call that new
users file in your relevant virtual server eg

eg, for FreeRADIUS 3, new file

localusers (in mods-available, link to mods-enabled)

files localusers {

# Search for files in a subdirectory of mods-config which

# matches this instance of the files module.

moddir = ${modconfdir}/${.:instance}

# The default key attribute to use for matches.  The content

# of this attribute is used to match the "name" of the

# entry.

#key = "%{%{Stripped-User-Name}:-%{User-Name}}"

#  The old "users" style file is now located here.

filename = ${moddir}/localusers

#  This is accepted for backwards compatibility

#  It will be removed in a future release.

# usersfile = ${moddir}/localusers

#  These are accepted for backwards compatibility.

#  They will be renamed in a future release.

acctusersfile = ${moddir}/accounting

preproxy_usersfile = ${moddir}/pre-proxy

}

then, just call 'localusers' in the virtual server where 'files' is called.

alan