Rotating detail files.

Alex Sharaz alex.sharaz at york.ac.uk
Fri Jul 21 12:14:08 CEST 2017

FR 3.0.14 Ubuntu 16.04

I'm creating a detail file which is used by an agent  to upload contents
into our logstash.

detail detail-filebeat{
        filename = /var/spool/freeradius/detail-filebeat
        escape_filenames = no
        permissions = 0600

#       group = ${security.group}
        header = "%t"

        locking = yes

        suppress {
                 User-Password
        }

detail-fileberat invoked in both default and inner-tunnel sites

Logrotate configured as

/var/spool/freeradius/detail-filebeat {
        rotate 1
    postrotate
         /bin/kill -HUP `cat /var/run/freeradius/freeradius.pid`
        endscript
}

Problem is that although logrotate rotates the file, freeradius isn't
writing to the newly created file. A FR restart sorts it out but I'd rather
not restart the server every day. I'm using radmin on another server to
reread files periodically, might I be able to persuade FR to write to the
new file via radadmin ?

Rgds
Alex