Building from source with postgres support

Toby Walsh walshtj at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 15:42:21 CET 2017

Hi list,

I am a reasonable long-time user of Freeradius on a single monolithic host
but I'm setting up a new server and putting my services in containers. I
have postgres in a Docker container running nicely, fully configured with
my old user base migrated from MySQL. I am compiling Freeradius 3.0.15 on a
separate container and hoping to use Postgres as the store. radtest with
bob/hello works fine. However I realised when I tried to set up Postgres
support that it fails with rlm_sql_postgresql.so not found. I'm guessing
that the compile process detects database support and only builds in
binding libraries if it finds that database on the same system?

Can you tell me what the requirements are that Freeradius' build process
builds rlm_sql_postgresql.so for me? One that is hopefully compatible with
driving Freeradius on that end but independent of Postgres on the other
container? Freeradius is on a Centos 7.4 container, Postgres 10 is on
Debian container.

Thanks