User/Password

Matthew Newton mcn at freeradius.org
Wed Jun 20 19:28:58 CEST 2018

On Wed, 2018-06-20 at 13:24 -0400, jandersen at gocom.ca wrote:
> My radius was transferred from an old server. I don't know how to add
> a new
> user and I don't know where user/passwords are stored -
> directory/folder/name.
>
> My radius rejects all request for authentication.
>
> I want to add a new user, so I can test on a user I know is there.
>
> What program to use or where is the data base file with the
> user/passwords?

That's a much better set of questions.

This is all covered on the wiki, in the getting started page. You can
store passwords in all sorts of databases and other places, but the
"users" file is the easiest and what you should begin with.

See this:

    https://wiki.freeradius.org/Home

and then this:

    https://wiki.freeradius.org/guide/Getting-Started