accepting all the users

Matthew Newton mcn at freeradius.org
Wed Jun 27 13:04:42 CEST 2018

On Wed, 2018-06-27 at 12:52 +0200, John Martins wrote:
> Thanks for your help. I have been using Password in my 2.x radius
> since
> ages. despite in the past someone told me the same, it was working
> perfectly,  plus we use PAP authentication method. Can it be
> Cleartext-Password with PAP?

It's been Cleartext-Password for at least ten years. Anything else is
obsolete.

> I changed it to clear text password and the result is the one shown
> below.
>
>  sql: ERROR: Failed to create the pair: Unknown name "
> (17) sql: ERROR: Error parsing user data from database result
> (17) sql: ERROR: Error retrieving check pairs for group unlimited

Again, there isn't a default attribute called "Max-All-Session". So
assuming you added that yourself to your dictionary file in v2, you'll
need to do the same in v3.

> Sorry for my ignorance, but could you tell me how to execute the SQL
> statement manually?

TBH any way of looking at the SQL data. Usually you'd use e.g. the
mysql CLI client. It helps to run exactly the same SQL query that
FreeRADIUS runs itself so you can see the same data that will actually
be used during the RADIUS request.

--
Matthew