Alan DeKok aland at
Sat Jun 30 16:06:20 CEST 2018

> On Jun 30, 2018, at 9:37 AM, Uchenna Nebedum <nebeduch at> wrote:
>  Javier, you do realize that all you were able to achieve with that video
> was a tip of the iceberg of what you can with freeRADIUS. I don't know
> where all your bitterness is from

  The red flag was "I tried 1000 different things".

  Every time someone says that, it means they're not following the documentation.  Worse, they're going out of their way to *avoid* following the documentation.

  Every good sysadmin knows to put their ego away when trying to fix things.  Read the docs, follow the docs, get it fixed.

  The people who think they're smarter than everyone else don't read the docs, they don't follow the docs, and they get angry when others tell them they made a mistake.

  While FreeRADIUS is complex, following the docs will get the problem fixed 90% of the time.  The other 10% of the time, ask questions on the list.  And ask *good* questions.

  We don't expect everyone to be experts.  We *do* expect people to listen, and to follow instructions.

  It's that simple.

  Alan DeKok.

More information about the Freeradius-Users mailing list