FR 3.0: Fall back to proxy if SQL returns no result

Rens Houben rhouben at systemec.nl
Tue Nov 13 10:27:39 CET 2018

Hello,

I'm (still) working on migrating an existing Radiator setup to FreeRADIUS, and after some deliberation it was felt that the best way to handle the transition would be to have FreeRADIUS use the existing setup as proxies and configure it to fall back to said proxies when rlm_sql returns no hits.

I've managed to set up the proxies thanks to the example in proxy.conf and the documentation in https://wiki.freeradius.org/config/Proxy, but all the instructions for /using/ the proxy pool involve setting specific realms rather than fallback, and I'm not sure if I'm even using the right search terms.

Additionally, looking through the freeradius -X debug log I notice that while it does recognize the home_server stanzas I added to the virtual host, it does /not/ acknowledge the home_server_pool stanza in the same file. Have I missed something?

--Rens.