Freeradius 3.0.15 x OpenLDAP (auth) x MySQL (acct): Limit Simultaneous Use

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Sep 11 01:31:53 CEST 2018

On Sep 10, 2018, at 6:48 PM, Jon Battista <jonbattista at gmail.com> wrote:
> So I have the following set in my *user (mods-config/files/authorize)* file:
>
> DEFAULT Ldap-Group == "Squad", Simultaneous-Use := 1
>   Auth-Type := Accept

  Again, that's still wrong.  The "Auth-Type" has to go on the first line, with the other check items.

  The subsequent lines are attributes for the reply.  This is documented extensively in the server.

> What does setting this Check Item do exactly?

  It tells the server to limit the number of simultaneous logins that a user can have

> Will it call *checkrad *which will query *radgroupcheck* to see if it has
> the following entry:

  checkrad never calls radgroupcheck.

  If you want to know how Simultaneous-Use works, it's documented:

https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/blob/v3.0.x/doc/configuration/simultaneous_use

> |1 | dialup    | Simultaneous-Use | := | 1|
>
> When is *simul_check_query* called?

  When necessary.  Read the debug output to see.

> I've read through the comments. I am not sure what I am missing.

  The server comes with extensive man pages and other documentation.  Reading just the comments isn't helpful.