Redis cluster sentinel

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Apr 24 00:30:30 CEST 2019

On Apr 23, 2019, at 6:26 PM, Talel Krimi <talelkrimi01 at gmail.com> wrote:
> the problem is that we have some error like:
>
> Ignoring duplicate packet from client GGSN2OSN port 61470
> Received conflicting packet from client GGSN1OSN port 62259 - ID: 51 due to
> unfinished request in module rediswho.  Giving up on old request

  This is a very common question.  The database is slow, so FreeRADIUS can't reply to the request.

> i did some tcpdumps and clearly the freeradius for some reasons when he
> can't process a quer ( accounting ) he ask the GGSN for another one with
> the same ID but also in he sees it as a duplication which cause the
> conflict

  FreeRADIUS doesn't ask the GGSN for another packet.  The GGSN retransmits the same packet, and FreeRADIUS just receives it.

> I don't know if my analysis is right. could you help with this issue ?

  Fix your database so it doesn't block the server.

  FreeRADIUS can do ~50K packets/s if it's doing nothing more than sending a reply.  Once you add complex rules and a database, that performance drops significantly.