extra characters in User-Password line

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Aug 14 17:29:43 CEST 2019

On Aug 14, 2019, at 10:01 AM, Лев Валуев <2309005m03 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Alan! Thanks for your fast reply! I had filter_password policy
> in raddb/policy.d/filter.

  That's good.

> I have uncommented it in sites-enabled/default file but doesn't look
> like it changed something

  OK...

> I still receive the same string. Probably I have done something wrong
> - I see no mention of
> filter_password  policy at the radiusd -X output.

  Then you're not editing the file that the server is reading.

  Read the debug output to see which files the server is reading.  Then, edit those files.

  What's probably happening is that you're editing sites-available/default, and the server is reading sites-enabled/default.  The second one is usually a symlink to the first.  But editors often mangle that.

> According to filter_password description, this policy exists for
> removal of embedded zeros. I have ]\n
> at the end of the user-password. Could it disturb with filter_password?

  No.