Problem with migrating from macOS Server to FreeRADIUS 3.0.17

Stephan Jung raumerkunder at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 22:04:35 CET 2019

Thank you. I had some trouble compiling. Probably because my brew installed openssl at 1.1.

  export LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/opt/openssl at 1.1/lib"
  export CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/opt/openssl at 1.1/include"

had not been exported. I added them to my .bash_profile and sourced it. Is that correct?

After some attempts it finally compiled. I copied the files to my brew installation and now:

$ sudo /usr/local/Cellar/freeradius-server/3.0.17/bin/radiusd -XC

passes.

The only thing that is mentioned is "Ignoring "ldap" (see raddb/mods-available/README.rst)":

server default { # from file /usr/local/Cellar/freeradius-server/3.0.17/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default
Ignoring "ldap" (see raddb/mods-available/README.rst)
} # server default

Is that a problem? Can I do something?

RADIUS in macOS is really a niche, since Apple is iPhone it is increasingly difficult to get serious feedback on advanced topics … so thanks a lot for your reply! I probably posted in too many places, but since I will leave trace of how I solved it, I am fine with that.

Thanks in advance!

Stephan