NTLMv1 security issue

Matthew Newton mcn at freeradius.org
Tue Jan 22 12:22:06 CET 2019

On Mon, 2019-01-21 at 22:41 +0000, Roberto Ricci wrote:
> > b) read the whole paragraph.
>
> I read the whole paragraph but I was interested in the compatibility
> thing. Can you explain what is the other part of the paragraph that
> speaks about compatibility please?

It's a summary of using EAP-TLS as a whole.

Whatever you are doing to manage your system needs to be able to cope
with all the cert management. If you can't easily do that, then you're
going to have a hard time with EAP-TLS.

Lots of devices couldn't support EAP-TLS *four years* ago. A lot has
changed since then. Which is why the second part of that is a lot less
relevant today, thankfully.

--
Matthew