Help on load balance with persistence

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Jan 29 14:28:06 CET 2019

On Jan 29, 2019, at 8:14 AM, shivu prasad <shivaprasad2452 at gmail.com> wrote:

> We have auth module in which we support multifactor so once first factor
> done we are sending the Auth-challenge  and we are persisting state locally
> which are needed to send in next request.
>
> It working fine with out load balance , with load balance enabled there is
> possibility that second request once with auth-challenge response will go
> to other home server and failing  since that home server dont have the
> persistent attributes.
>
> is there is any way to send the request  which have  state parm will go to
> same home server?

  Read proxy.conf.  There are multiple options for load balancing.

  If you do round-robin, then yes, the packets go to random destinations.

  If you do keyed load balancing, then you can key off of User-Name / MAC address, etc.  And make all packets for the same user go to the same destination.

  This is all documented.