Can I gracefully handle radius requests if all home servers are down?

work vlpl thework.vlpl at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 19:10:15 CEST 2019

Hello,

Is it possible to detect that home server is not available and
gracefully process radius request locally?
I tried to use  `Post-Proxy-Type Fail-Authentication {}` section but
it seems that FreeRadius server will not expect

```
update control {
    Auth-Type := Accept
}
```
instruction in that section and reject request.

This is a fragment from debug log

```
(30) Post-Proxy-Type Fail-Authentication {
(30)     update reply {
(30)       Tunnel-Type := VLAN
(30)       Tunnel-Medium-Type := IEEE-802
(30)       Tunnel-Private-Group-id := 333
(30)       Idle-Timeout := 1800
(30)     } # update reply = noop
(30)     update control {
(30)       Auth-Type := Accept
(30)     } # update control = noop
(30)   } # Post-Proxy-Type Fail-Authentication = noop
(30) There was no response configured: rejecting request
(30) Using Post-Auth-Type Reject
```

--
Vladimir