Credentials differ when proxying

Julien COCHENNEC julien.cochennec at ac-orleans-tours.fr
Mon Oct 19 17:39:02 CEST 2020

 Hi,
I have a server A proxying requests to server B (having LDAP enabled), and a client C requesting A.

When I try to connect from A to B with radclient it works. Logs say :

Login OK: [blabla2] (from client rad1-eee port 0)

When I try to connect from C to A :

Login incorrect (ldap: Bind credentials incorrect: Invalid credentials): [blabla2/?Q?#%?????)[~???dW???ŝ7?g-m?[˵] (from client rad1-eee port 0)

I don't get why the credentials differ while proxying, which conf file should I check to understand this?
Is this part coming from an ldap conf problem or from radiusd.conf problem?

/?Q?#%?????)[~???dW???ŝ7?g-m?

Thanks for your help.

Here's the site-available/default file content :

server default {

listen {
	type = auth
	ipaddr = *