FreeRadius on Lynx OS 4

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Wed Aug 10 17:33:47 CEST 2005

"Iandc Davies" <Iandc.Davies at Marconi.com> wrote:
> Have just moved department within work and have been told that I am to work
> with freeradius as a digest authentication tool for SIP URIs.

  That's great!

> I've already bought the RADIUS O'Reilly book and am slowly going through
> it. (It seems a bit out of date though ?)

  That's due to normal delays in publishing.  I don't think there will
be an updated version, though.

> Just wondered if there are any immediate restricitons on using this on a
> Lynx platform ?

  I've never done it, but I don't see why it would be a problem.  If
the OS has a posix interface, FreeRADIUS should build without a
problem.  But you *do* have to install all of the header files.

> If there is a lot of work to get freeradius working on Lynx then that will
> affect my timescales as I've got to get this done ASAP before October'ish.

  Once the server builds, it should be a matter of no more than a week
or so to get familiar with it.