Deprecated features (was: Any objection to deleting support for "clients"?)

Nicolas Baradakis nbk at sitadelle.com
Wed Jul 27 11:49:45 CEST 2005

Alan DeKok wrote:

>   It's been deprecated forever...

I agree. And I think we could perhaps take a moment to look at other
deprecated features.

* post_proxy_authorize

  This option provides backward compatibility with FreeRADIUS 0.7.
  It is obsoleted with the post-proxy section. We might make the
  default to "post_proxy_authorize = no" or perhaps completely remove
  the option from the documentation.

* authorize in rlm_attr_filter

  This module should be used in {pre,post}-proxy sections only.
  There is a warning at module startup since a long time, nobody
  should be using it in authorize section anymore.

* usercollide

  I never used this, but the doc says it doesn't work so well (with a
  big warning), and there is another way of achieving the same goal.

* bind_address and port

  The "listen" directive can do the same, and it's much more flexible.
  We might remove the old directives from the documentation.

What do you think? This list has to be completed, of course.

--
Nicolas Baradakis