Deprecated features (was: Any objection to deleting support for"clients"?)

Thor Spruyt thor.spruyt at telenet.be
Wed Jul 27 19:16:02 CEST 2005

Nicolas Baradakis wrote:
> I agree. And I think we could perhaps take a moment to look at other
> deprecated features.
>
> * post_proxy_authorize
>
>   This option provides backward compatibility with FreeRADIUS 0.7.
>   It is obsoleted with the post-proxy section. We might make the
>   default to "post_proxy_authorize = no" or perhaps completely remove
>   the option from the documentation.

Huh... my current v1.0.1 production servers have this set to "yes" and
probably a lot of other people still have this set to "yes", since that's
the default.
Regularly the advice of "only change the defaults if needed" is given.
Therfore, I wouldn't just delete this configuration parameter or
funtionality, but just change the default, so that users don't use it
anymore over time!

--
Groeten, Regards, Salutations,

Thor Spruyt