Deprecated features

Paul Hampson Paul.Hampson at PObox.com
Fri Jul 29 03:40:56 CEST 2005

On Thu, Jul 28, 2005 at 07:13:44PM +0200, Thor Spruyt wrote:
> Paul Hampson wrote:
> >> Would you include a fix for Exec-Program-Wait (see below)? If
> >> needed, I can submit it on bugs.freeradius.org

> > Can we instead nuke Exec-Program and Exec-Program-Wait? Are there any
> > more cases they handle that rlm_exec does not?

> > I didn't port the rlm_exec return values changes to Exec-Program-Wait,
> > because they're to do with the configurable failover, and the
> > Exec-Program calls are done after that's no longer relevant.

> > And because I'd like to see Exec-Program nuked. ^_^

> Well, I experimented with rlm_exec half a year ago, and I didn't found it
> suitable for my needs, where Exec-Program and Exec-Program-Wait did!
> I would suggest deprecating them, but not removing, so to give people time
> to move to rlm_exec or rlm_perl (when is that finaly going to be stable?).
> When I have time, I'll try rlm_exec again to see if things have changed in
> the right direction.

Exec-Program and Exec-Program-Wait _are_ deprecated.

What was rlm_exec insufficient to do? I'd much rather improve rlm_exec
to work than change any (deprecated and historical) Exec-Program
behavours. The less server-defined magic attributes the better. ^_^

--
Paul "TBBle" Hampson, on an alternate email client.