Exec-Program-Wait return value (was: Deprecated features)

Thor Spruyt thor.spruyt at telenet.be
Thu Jul 28 19:07:47 CEST 2005

Nicolas Baradakis wrote:
> Is it correct to forget the message in umsg ? I don't know this part
> of
> the code, what sort of message is in the string umsg ?

If the external program fails, it won't be sending a message :-)
So we can just add our own message indicating that the external program
failed.
I even wouldn't add that message, since the user shouldn't know something
failed, but it should be logged!

> In CVS head a return code >0 has a different meaning for the rlm_exec
> module. Perhaps we may want something similar with Exec-Program-Wait,
> what do you think?

Sure, but I'm not that good in coding :)

> In the case (r > 0) you didn't add a "Reply-Message" in
> request->reply->vps.

No, since the external program didn't fail, I think it's up to the external
program to supply a message if it whishes to do so.
The Reply-Message is an attribute that should contain a message readable by
the user, so it shouldn't be something like "(external check failed)", but
it should be like "Your account had expired" or whatever the external
program whishes.

--
Groeten, Regards, Salutations,

Thor Spruyt