cvs current with SIGSEGV; how to track down

Jason Ornstein jason.ornstein at sybase.com
Wed Jun 1 22:57:54 CEST 2005

* Alan DeKok <aland at ox.org> [2005-05-31 14:58:17 -0400]:

>   Ok, I've fixed that in CVS.  Does the resulting executable work?

Mostly!  I'm seeing two issues.  The first appears to be less of an
issue than the second one.

Issue 1:

I started the server normally and I noticed that when it receives a
request it is still sending output to the screen.

  Wed Jun  1 12:17:18 2005 : Info: rlm_passwd: Adding "Auth-Type = PAP"
  Wed Jun  1 12:17:26 2005 : Info: rlm_passwd: Adding "Auth-Type = PAP"
  Wed Jun  1 12:17:36 2005 : Info: rlm_passwd: Adding "Auth-Type = PAP"

One would think that they would end up in the radius.log file due to the
fact that I have these lines in my radiusd.conf

  log_file = ${logdir}/radius.log
  log_destination = files

I'm having issues finding this in the code and I'm wondering if gdb is
getting in the way of things.  Everywhere I debug I keep seeing, in the
mainconfig struct that radlog_dest is RADLOG_SDOUT and not RADLOG_FILES.
I can set log_destination = foobar and nothing complains either.  Maybe
I'm missing something obvious?

Issue 2:
If I telnet into one of my test Cisco routers or switches that are setup
to use radius I see this behavior:

        a.  enter correct username/password everything works

        b.  enter correct username with incorrect password I only see
            these packets

               radius access request
               radius access request
               radius access request
               radius access request
               radius accounting request
               radius accounting response
               radius accounting request
               radius accounting response

I'm wondering why after freeradius knows I have an incorrect password it
isn't sending an access reject?  Instead the router sends the request 4
times since it isn't getting a reponse and then fails over to local login
mode and then does the accounting request.  Has anyone seen this yet other
than me?

-jason