building freeradius 1.1.0 suse rpm

Wolfgang Rosenauer stark at suse.de
Thu Jan 12 22:40:56 CET 2006

Hi,

On 2006-01-12 at 21:52:56 +0100, Markus Krause wrote (shortened):

> first: sorry for not testing the build of suse rpms before the release date ..

same for me.
I'm just working on a 1.1.0 RPM.

> 2) the next question may be quite stupid so please be patient but i a do not
> have much "insider knowledge":
> are all these packages listed in "BuildRequires" in freeradius.spec really
> nedded?? at least i deleteted "postgresql" (i do not want/need mysql and
> postgresql server installed on the same machine), "perl-devel" (there is not
> such package available for suse). i am also wondering why e.g. packages like
> python and ncurses/ncurses-devel are needed for building. don't get me wrong, i
> just want to keep the system with as few packages as possible. and the packages
> libzio and libnscd are also not available in the suse distribution, only via
> rpmfind.net.

The BuildRequires tag is an automatically created list of packages.
It's built based on a minimal base system + the definitions you can see
in # neededforbuild.
I guess the version in CVS is based on SUSE Linux 10.0 or so and so not
all packages (with the same name) are available on SLES9.
So the list you see defines the complete Linux system on which the
package would be built in our environment.
And mysql _and_ postgresql is needed to build both modules.

> 3) i am not sure what is responsible for this: during the bild (rpmbuild -bb
> freeradius.spec) i got an error that the file
> "/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient_r.so" is missing. a link (ln -s) to the existing
> file "/usr/lib/libmysqlclient_r.so.12" solves this problem.

mysql-devel is not installed?

   Wolfgang

--
SUSE LINUX GmbH             -o)   Tel: +49-(0)911-740 53 0
Maxfeldstr. 5               /\\   Fax: +49-(0)911-740 53 679