FreeRadius not responding to a remote machine

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Fri Jan 13 21:04:54 CET 2006

Hi,

> firewall.. Actually this is not mentioned in any of the
> documentation.. How can we miss such a basic step..?

because everyone has completely different network setups?
maybe the best thing to do is have a 'make sure that if
you are running a firewall it has been configured to allow
the traffic through (eg UDP to ports 1812, 1813 and 1814)'
in the docs. its commons sense but should suffice. the users
list is full of people who dont understand such network
issues might affect FreeRADIUS :-(

Alan