FreeRadius not responding to a remote machine

shan t tshan77 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 20:36:56 CET 2006

Dusty,

Thanks a lot for the hint.. Radius port was not configured in the
firewall.. Actually this is not mentioned in any of the
documentation.. How can we miss such a basic step..?

Now I have configured the port in the firewall and it worked fine..

-A  INPUT -p udp -m udp --dport 1812 -j ACCEPT
-A  INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 1812 -j ACCEPT

Add these  lines in /etc/sysconfig/iptables  Then, restart the firewall: using

service iptables restart

Thanks again.
Shan

Thanks,